Flexible bollard Antique - RAL 6009 (Art: 18-1100ANT6009)Email us about this product
Flexible bollard Antique
Classic elegance with modern technology
- Manufactured from high quality Polyurethane with Shape Memory
- Returns to its original shape after impact
- Coloured in the mass, so no paint damage
- As robust as the aluminum version, but as light as a feather
- Easy to install in concrete
- Can also be installed as a removable bollard with the separate ground sleeve
- Standard in RAL 6009 (green)
- Other colors possible, subject to a minimum order quantity of 250 pieces
Our Antique bollard is a familiar sight on the pavements of many Belgian cities and municipalities. This polyurethane version, specially developed for Traffimex, offers the same elegant design but with the advantages of contemporary technology.
By using polyurethane, the bollard 'remembers' its original shape and, after being deformed by a collision, will spring back straight as if nothing had happened. Mind you, the straightening doesn't happen in seconds. It will take a few minutes for the Antique bollard to be fully upright again.
While the weight of only +/- 3 kg may give the impression that the flexible bollard Antique with shape memory would be less robust than its aluminum counterpart, we cannot emphasise enough that polyurethane is one of the most durable plastics. Numerous industrial applications rely on the high compressive and tensile strength and liquid-tightness of polyurethane.
Because this bollard is colored in the mass (body tinted), there is no longer any question of paint damage due to a collision or the effect of road salt. The decorative post thus retains its neat appearance without any form of maintenance.
As a fixed post, the Antique bollard is placed 30 cm deep in concrete, just like the traditional version in cast aluminum. What differs is the possibility to install the same bollard as a removable barrier post using the specially designed ground sleeve that is suitable for all VISO barrier posts with shape memory Ø 80mm.